Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just some random thoughts stopping by....

I was unplugged for 7 (or was it 8?) glorious days during my recent travel.  No phone, no computer - and frankly - the desire for neither.  I realize that's a little extreme for most folks, but it was liberating.  I was tethered to nothing - which pretty much suits my personality.  I can't reccommend highly enough that you try it - even if only 24 hours. 

Do I ever meet people when I actually look pulled together?  No - its usually when I'm a filthy mess from the barn..."oh hi!"  

Anyone and everyone can list the best books they've read.  How about the worst?  Here's 2 that immediately leap out - comment back with yours:

The Horse Whisperer - jaysus h kee-riste.....derivative plot, 2 main characters that have no sympathetic or redeeming value whatsoever, and (spoiler alert) the 'horse whisperer' decides to off himself at the end because he can't have the married woman - so chucks his useless hide into a wild stallion fight.  Huh....

Fifty Shades of Gray - does this woman even know how to communicate in the English language?  She has 2, maybe 3 stock phrases.  What started out as crappy Twilight fan fic, became even more poorly plotted and written book length schlock.  I fell for the hype - and wish I had the time I wasted back.   She makes the old 50's Harlequin romances seem like Dostoevsky.

I thought about doing a vision board once (for like 30 seconds).  My friend pointed out that the only things on it would be horses and hot latin guys...so what was the point.  She's right.

Currently obsessed with Florance and The Machine song - Shake It Out. 

It's time to get your Preak on - Preakness week.  Here's to I'll Have Another taking the second leg - why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment