Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday KY Derby Update 2009

Weather change, a late work - the latest:

I’d bet WPS on I Want Revenge only if you don’t mind playing a favorite. BUT apparently rain IS forecast for Derby Day – so, at a bit of a price, I’d bet WPS on Freisan Fire.

There are horses that have run on synthetic surfaces and never touched mud on race-day – so I would move down the following:
Pioneerof the Nile
Chocolate Candy
Hold Me Back

I move the following horses up:
Regal Ransom (tactical speed in the slop is always dangerous)
Freisan Fire (see Regal Ransom, also won LA Derby in slop)
Papa Clem (sharp final blow out this morning..ran 2nd to FF in LA Derby in slop)

For my exotics, I’d wheel the following (in order of preference):
Freisan Fire
Desert Party (now sort of rethinking this horse – as he did not gallop well over the track this morning)
Papa Clem (who I originally tossed, but have moved up based on track conditions)
I Want Revenge
Dunkirk
Regal Ransom

No comments:

Post a Comment