Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 12 post shoulder surgery - I am being held captive...

Day 12 post shoulder surgery and I already hate everything and everybody. Okay, not really.  And I am certainly luckier than most.  But when my life essentially revolves around my horse it makes me a) one dimensional b) a raging lunatic when I can’t ride him. 



"So Michelle, why don’t you find something else to do, you know, like normal people?"   Well, I *do* work, so I’ve got going to work every day as something to do, and that’s always fun (said no one ever).  Um what else….[thinking, thinking]….yup that’s about it. 

So, to give in to my cranky side and really vent, here’s 5 things that drive me bat-shit crazy.
  1. Please, I beg of you, if you are in line, know what you are going to order when it is your turn to do so.  You've had all this time in line to decide, if you still have not done so, perhaps step aside and let someone else go.  Where I come from that’s what’s called good manners.
  2. Can we just stop with the endless meetings?  That’s all.
  3. Pink NFL jerseys.  Really?   Why don’t you wear the team’s actual damn colors?   Afraid you won’t look female enough unless its pink?   I think I just gagged…
  4. Trying to master the art of putting on false eyelashes.  Why why why can I not do this?  This is a basic female skill-set. Let me tell you, a glass of wine doesn't help either…I know…I tried that as a last resort.  #fail
  5. Seattle drivers.  Actually, anywhere in Western Washington drivers.  If you drive here, you know exactly what I’m talking about.  If this confuses you, and you live in Western Washington, you are part of the problem.  Please consider public transportation.

And now that the meds have kicked in – to be balanced – here are 5 things to celebrate.
  1. Oberon (do I really need to say more?  He’s the cause of this post).
  2. My family and friends who, despite donning their Kevlar for the remainder of my out-of-saddle-time, pretty much put up with me (most of the time).
  3. Emerald Downs opens for racing in a few more weeks.
  4. My job – my horses are very happy I have one.
  5. Winter is almost over.  Eff you winter – I hate you. And yes…that counts as a celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment