Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 13 of My Captivity - Defeated by a Sports Bra

Day 13 of my Captivity – and I've been defeated by a sports bra.

It’s never a good thing when your Physical Therapist laughs at you.  OK, so maybe I deserved it, but really….come on…anyone would have done the same thing I did [maybe].

Here’s what happened.  Monday after work I was feeling pretty good, so decided a run would be just the ticket since I can’t ride and all.  Now I should add here that pre-surgery, I managed to find some zip front sports bras, knowing your average model would be tough to get on and off w/a recently fixed shoulder.  Ladies you know exactly what I’m talking about. 

And of course, at some point, all good things must be washed – so the zippy's were hanging to dry at the time of the “incident”.  No problem – I’m feeling good, I’ll just wear a regular pull on.  Went for a run, felt great, came home, and puttered around some more till bed-time…and then….BIG PROBLEMO.  Honestly – I thought I was going to have to either cut that bad boy off, or wear it to work and have my friend help me get it off.  Houdini’s chains, the Mummy’s wraps – neither of them could begin to compare to the impossible trap I’d gotten myself into.  Much howling, swearing and perhaps a few tears were shed but 15 minutes later I was free.

Fast forward to Wednesday morning, when I must confess all to my PT – who is asking why I regressed so badly.  Cue PT laughter.  Well.....lesson learned....I think.

2 Things I Think Today
  1. I’m excited to see 50:1 – a great story that is too unbelievable to be fiction.
  2. Cartier Trinity Ring….’nuff said.


No comments:

Post a Comment