Friday, March 28, 2014

This is Emerald Downs (or Day 21 of my captivity)

My captors have seen fit to allow me some small freedoms.   It is now 21 days post-surgery, and while I still cannot lift, push, pull or torment small children, I can actually pull a shirt over my head, clasp a necklace and do my hair.  Small victories people, small victories. 

I am thinking about having tiny horseshoe tattoos put over the scars once they fully heal.  Constant reminder, or medal of courage (foolishness?)

Derby fever should go into overdrive next month.  Combine that with opening day at Emerald Downs, and me getting back on a horse (even if that means eluding my captors)  – and April promises to be great. 

Speaking of Emerald Downs, we are exactly 2 weeks away from the season opener.  The Inittowinit horses are ensconced at the Velasquez barn, and I can’t wait to see leading rider Juan Gutierrez back in the winner’s circle with them.   

Emerald’s head of Marketing, Sophia McKee has done, and continues to do, what I think is a great job of dragging horse racing in the NW (at least from a marketing perspective) into the 21st century.  To that end – check out:

(and while you’re there – vote for Juan for leading rider!)

Also be sure to see his very ESPN-ish commercial for opening day here:



No comments:

Post a Comment